12 DAYS | MS FRIDTJOF NANSEN | HIGHLIGHTS OF ANTARCTICA
DEPARTURE: January 16, 2025
Experience a concentrated expedition cruise that’s all about the frozen continent.
Discover Antarctica's wildlife as we spot seals, penguin colonies and spot whales against backdrops of staggering natural beauty.
Join the Expedition Team as they deliver lectures and accompany landings, sharing their knowledge on glaciology, wildlife, climate change and polar exploration.
Marvel at colossal glaciers and icebergs on this incredible Antarctica expedition cruise. Experience nature’s majesty as we navigate ever-changing icescapes on our hybrid electric-powered ship. Your Expedition Team will bring you up close to stunning surroundings while ice-cruising and during landing activities.
The months between November and March are a busy time for the wildlife of Antarctica. In October and November, penguins court and nest and penguins hatch in December and January. February and March offer peak whale watching opportunities.
Included in your Expedition
- Flights in economy class between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia
-Overnight hotel in Buenos Aires before the expedition cruise, including breakfast
-Transfer from the hotel to the airport in Buenos Aires before the expedition cruise
-Transfers between the Ushuaia airport and the ship, including a brief tour of the town
- Cabin category of your choice
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner including select beverages (house beer and wine, pop, and mineral water) in restaurants at lunch and dinner
- Complimentary tea and coffee
- Complimentary Wi-Fi on board. Be aware that we sail in remote areas with limited connection. Streaming is not supported.
- Complimentary reusable water bottle to fill at onboard water refill stations
- English-speaking Expedition Team who organize and guide activities, both on board and ashore
- Experts from the Expedition Team present detailed lectures on a variety of topics
- Use of the ship’s Science Centre, which features an extensive library and advanced biological and geological microscopes
- The Citizen Science program allows guests to contribute to current scientific research projects
- The onboard professional photographer will give tips and tricks for taking the best landscape and wildlife photos
- The ship has hot tubs, a sauna, and an indoor gym
- Participate in informal gatherings with the crew, such as daily recaps and the next day’s preparations
- Escorted landings with small boats (RIBs)
- Loan of boots, trekking poles, and all equipment needed for the activities
- Complimentary wind and water-resistant expedition jacket
- Expedition photographers will help configure your camera settings before landings
- All planned activities are subject to weather and ice conditions
- Please ensure you can meet all entry and boarding requirements
- No gratuities are expected
See tabs below for full details. Photo: Hurtigruten Expeditions / Dan Avila